Friday, October 16, 2009

The Morning After the After Party V

I was in no condition at all to ponder something this heavy. The locusts in my head took this opportunity to crank it back up to 11. I don't want to say my mind was “racing” with thoughts, because that probably would've made me throw up. Let's just say there was a lot of stuff going through my mind, “competitively driving” if you will. But not really “racing”. Each reason I could come up with for this had serious flaws that were hard to ignore. Forgotten Brother Theory: I had a brother about my age, mom killed him in front of me, the trauma of the murder made me suppress the whole thing, mom found the picture and 'shopped my dead brother out of it. No, that doesn't work. My childhood was seriously fucked up and the murder of a family member would actually be a positive change that would make me feel more normal. It definitely wouldn't be enough to trigger memory suppression. Forgotten Daddy Theory: my parents didn't get divorced when I was very young, my father was around until I was in my teens, my mother killed him in front of me, the trauma of the mur- wait, that's basically the same as the last theory. We'll rule that one out and just call it the Forgotten Family Member Theory. Come to think of it, that's the basic plot of 25% of Lifetime Television's programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment