Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Morning After the After Party

I woke up this morning groggy, in pain, and still quite sleepy.  Part of this state was caused by the ridiculously long wait for the metro last night.  At the line changes we had to wait 15 minutes for the schedule sign to update...which then told us the next train was in 15 minutes. It did this three or four times.  Another aspect of last night that might also have been responsible for my sloth-like state was finding that the hosts of the wedding reception we attended were gracious enough to have an open bar stocked with one of my favorite wines.  You tend to drink more when the only effort necessary for a refill is to point to an empty glass and three people being paid to pour you drinks spring into action. Well, to be fair I'm not going to blame this on my favorite wine entirely. The gin and tonics at the after-party probably had a hand in it as well. Actually, the entire night was an exercise in overindulgence. Think about it, we had an after-party for an event (the reception) that is itself an after-party for another event (the wedding). So really, I shouldn't be surprised that I feel like I spent the evening spinning around in a cement mixer with nothing but a half a dozen bowling balls to keep me warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment